Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Ominous

This side of me lurks in the shadows of the demonic part of my soul that holds the key to unleashing the one I call the other.  Flashing its winning smile making a mockery of the jokers smile it puts me in my comfort zone.  Going to that dark place makes me feel at home….alone in the dark left with my cynical thoughts…it plagues the part and plays the part of me that is usually at the forefront.  No gut instincts, it takes away the ability to rationalize my thoughts…the light is mind provoking and tries to creep in the unsystematic cracks that highlights the flaws of who really resides in me.  Flight or fight he resorts to fight, impervious to the numerous attempts by the force that supposed to overcome the darkness……the light has ultimately failed.  Some call him their alter ego…some may even call him the devil….I place him on a different level….like a rabbit dog without a muzzle it seeks and destroys but employs a certain wisdom not understood but to the vessel that harbors this beast.  The darkness lurks in the crevices of the folds in the wings of angels and is flushed out by the wind with every beat of their wings.  This is my other half…accepted but not embraced…prayed about but can’t be erased….this is me...

No comments:

Post a Comment